Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

At the Poo Wow

It's funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating.

- Jack Handy (Deep Thoughts)


Saturday Night Live used to be so funny. What Happened?

MB #89 Geocaching


I hate it when you sign up for Merit Badges at the BYU Pow Wow and you get Nazi like counselors who make up their own requirements, or should I say they make up their own interpretations of requirements, and make it impossible to pass off Merit Badges. So...because this is the only MB I earned at the Fall Pow Wow, I have affectionately decided to rename it the poo wow.

Anyhow, enough of my rant. The quote at the top of this post is actually relevant to this MB. Geocaching is really nothing more than treasure hunting with special equipment.  The treasure is really in the hunt - not in the 25 cent trinket that is left behind. It is fun. And, I could do a lot of it if my parents actually bought me a GPS so I could do it. So, I am resigned to doing it at the poo wow. 

If you are interested in going Geocaching, you should start here. And, then you should consider buying one of these: