Total Pageviews

Monday, August 8, 2011

"If we are to Survive the Adversity that we all must face...

...we need to stay close to the Lord every day."
~Dieter F. Uchtdorf (Jan 2010 First Presidency Message)




This is the third and final MB I earned at scout camp. I had to make fires in three different ways: using flint and steel, magnifying glass, and rubbing a stick against another stick using a bow. That was pretty cool but I still have matches in my wilderness survival kit anyway. We took a nature walk and found edible wild plants we could survive on if we have to. I will remember to pack granola on any nature hikes I take in the future! I built a lean-to and was going to sleep in it but it rained. So, I went back and slept in my nice warm tent. Roughing it huh? I actually spent the next night in it because the weather was nicer. Not exactly living the pioneer way am I? Doing this MB does make you appreciate the wonderful technology and ease of living we have today though.