Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Be Prepared

MB#7 - Emergency Preparedness

"It's our motto."
"What's our motto?"
"Nothing. What's the matter with you?"

Classic lines from The Lion King. But, for my seventh merit badge, and my second Eagle required MB, I earned my Emergency Preparedness Merit Badge. As part of this MB, I put together my family's 72 hour kits. The leader of my church also recommends we have one in case of emergencies. So now along our garage wall we have nine backpacks ready to go on a second notice if needed. Inside the backpacks are many  items such as:


  • Food
  • Crank Radio
  • Water Filtration/Purifier System
  • Knives
  • Blankets
  • Flashlights
  • Glow sticks
  • Hygiene Kits
  • Extra Clothing
  • First aid items
  • Sleeping bags
  • Rope
  • Tarp
  • Other essentials
Emergency 72 Hour Kits
My troop mobilization was less than a success. I guess there has to be a real emergency to get a real response from the boy scouts. Even though everyone was contacted only a couple of us showed up. I hope in a real emergency everyone comes.