Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Up, Up, and Away

The number one rule for pilots is to have the same number of good landings as you do take-offs.

MB#81 Avaition



I earned this MB at the Christa McAuliffe Space Education Center in Pleasant Grove, UT. Some of the things I did were to build airplanes out of styrofoam plates. For being as ugly as they were, they actually flew pretty well. They were more durable than you average paper aiplane.

Another fun thing I did for this Merit Badge was I went to the Hill Air Force Base Aerospace Museum in Layton, UT. I even got to skip school to do it. It would have been more fun if we could have actually got in the aircraft we saw but it was cool just being there.

The Wright Flyer

The Sakorsky Helicopter - Very Cool!

That's the Plane my Grandpa Flew in WWII