Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 6, 2011

"If You Want to Learn to Swim....

....jump in the water. On dry land no frame of mind is ever going to help you." ~Bruce Lee

MB #66 Swimming


Some MB's are gateway MB's. You better have First Aid before you start any other MB. Swimming is also a gateway MB. All the water badges require you to have this one first. While the AF Rec Center offers this one, I wanted to do it in the summer. This was one of the three merit badges I earned at scout camp (Camp Tifie) this year. There's really not a whole lot to talk about but to say I swam. Backstroke, breaststroke, side crawl, butterfly, overhand crawl, back and forth across the pool I went time and time again. Occasionally, we would practice saving each other and do CPR.  It was a fun MB because it was hot and I liked the water.  Now I can move on to other water badges.