Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 26, 2011

It Aint Easy Being Green

- Kermit the Frog



Apparently it isn't easy TURNING green either if you are using natural dyes.

MB#53 Textiles


Besides going around the house looking for different "swatches" of fabric (and cutting up my dad's wool socks and my sisters Halloween costume), I followed directions on how to "dye" fabric naturally. The process is catalogued below in photos (the photo of the water pouring into the spinach should be an award winner). The end result....Well, let's just say I've been able to make darker green grass stains in 2 seconds than the 24 hours spinach tee shirt project. And, those don't wash out! Look for yourself.



Awesome picture - I wish I had this for my Photography MB

Boil and Strain

What's for Dinner??? (Not this I hope)

The End Result

It's the one on the Right - if you couldn't tell.