Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 7, 2011

"Necessity is the Mother of all Invention" - Plato

MB #61 Inventing


I was a little intimidated by this MB. After all, I am only eleven. When my dad signed me up at the AF Rec Center for this I was thinking, "I don't know how to invent anything." But, my mom inspired me by quoting Plato. So...I started thinking about a vacation we recently took to Southern California and trying to come up with some ideas of what we 'needed' while we were there.
At the hotel where we stayed, the air conditioner was right below the front window. It would blow the curtains open and give us no privacy or the air would only get caught in the curtains and go straight up and not cool off the room. Dad would prop the 'guest services' book to hold the curtain against the window and away from the air conditioner. Anyhow, I thought, "Ah Ha! I know what to invent!"

So, here it is....The Handy Dandy Travel Size Hotel Curtain Holder Back Thingey!

"The Thingey" - Made from 2 Nerf Darts and a Clothes Pin

In Action

What the Curtains Look Like - See...No Separation

A Close- Up