Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 26, 2011

"Money is the World's Curse" -Perchik

"May the Lord smite me with it. And may I never recover."
- Teyve from Fiddler on the Roof

MB#54 Coin Collecting



I collect coins. I've always collected coins...for as long as I can remember. It all started when I lost a tooth. I stuck it under my pillow, slept on it and it became a coin. I placed it in my secret hiding place (otherwise known as my pocket). Occasionally, I would admire it. And then, I would pass it along to another coin collector (the store) in exchange for something of personal worth (candy). Now that I am older the process isn't too different....

But seriously, I earned this MB at the BYU Spring PowWow. My friends needed their requireds, so I went by myself (There were other scouts there. I just didn't know any of them). It was actually a very fun MB. I raided my dad's "treasure chest" - a tiny box where he keeps his "wheat" pennies and other odd coins. He took me down to a coin dealer where we saw thousands of very old and valuable coins. And, he got me started on my own "collection" of state coins that were minted from 2000-2009. (My book is almost full as of this posting. I'm just missing Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, and US American Samoa.) I got to see other people's collections and how cool it is to have a piece of history in your hands.
Pennies from My Birth until Now

Foreign Currency and Coins

Penny, Nickle, Dime, Quarter, Half-Dollar and Dollar
of the Same Year

The Start of my Quarter Collection